Monday, February 8, 2010

Elopement and $2,000

A lady came into the store the other day, she saw all my wedding magazines and books laid on the counter and we began talking about her wedding that had happened 15 years prior. She said that honestly, if she could do it again she would elope. She would save all her money, run away somewhere quiet with her immediate family to get hitched, and save all that money to help her and her husband to get established in their new life.

At this point in my young life, that just seems so uneventful. Neither of us are very religious so the ceremony itself is not terribly important in that regard. What is important for us is to have all of our friends and family in one place to celebrate and to all meet each other since many of our friends live all over the country. Maybe that's what people who elope do as well, go have a ceremony somewhere else and then throw a big party at home. But I figure we can do it all in one fell swoop.

I wonder if it's possible to throw a wedding for $2,000? From the venue, food, photographs, invitations, and dresses for two grand? Seems like a lot of money to me right now, but from the bit of research I've done, in a traditional wedding I don't think it would go that far. That's why we're not planning on throwing a traditional wedding.
Jessica Johnston Photography on Style Me Pretty

No comments:

Post a Comment