Saturday, February 6, 2010

House Ideas


I would love to have a portion of our porch shaded like this.  Plus, when we have a party, we could hang sparkly lights on the beams.I'm a total sucker for painted wooden floors, it just seems so dramatic.  As a carpenter C thinks this is sacrilige.  Whoops. 
For our dinning table, I really like the idea of mixed chairs.  There are so many cool ones to find at yard sales for cheap and they look great all mixed together.  We could even paint them all one color to add unity, only if we felt like it though.
There's a building in town that is made of recycled parts from remodeled houses.  I think it would be great, and possibly economical to scour around for cool old windows and mix them all together.  I really like this style of window because it reminds me of Europe.  I'm just not a fan of big plate glass and I hope we don't have to use too much of it in our future house.
I know it's not very practical but I like having rugs under dining room tables. In fact I like rugs in general with hard wood floors.
I always liked the idea of having a mantel in the house as a decorative object and not neccessarily as a working fire place.  It just looks amazing and can be found at any junk store, well, found after some searching of course.
All photos from Desire To Inspire

No comments:

Post a Comment